April 22-26 Newsletter
Today we celebrate the great feast of Easter. Jesus rose from the dead. There will be NO school on Monday. We will be watching Lion King presented by SEAS select choir on Tuesday afternoon. I will be administering the Spring Dibels Math and Reading Assessments on Wednesday. There will be a substitute in our classroom. I will not be near my computer to receive emails on that day. If you need to contact me please call the office and leave a message. Our little "creatures" are sporting some green hair. The amaryllis is growing and hopefully we will have a beautiful bloom very soon. I guess that we may have a "green thumb."
We will be going to Botanica on Friday afternoon. If you are not a driver please be sure to send your child's booster seat. This will be a jeans and SEAS Spirit shirt day for kindergarten. Looks like we are going to have beautiful weather. NO Show and Tell this week. We will be studying the sacrament of Baptism next week. I am asking parents to complete the worksheet and attach a picture from their child's Baptism. Thank you for your help!
A Look at the Week Ahead:
Religion - Easter
- Grace is God's life within us.
- Angel of God prayer
Language Arts - Sneaky "e" rule
- Story - This is the Way We Go to School
- Genre - Informational Fiction
- Question of the Week - How do children around the world get to school?
- Amazing words - cable car, horse-and-buggy, Metro line, trolley, skis,
- Vocabulary - ride, jump, hop, skip, climb
- High frequency words - where, come
- Comprehension skill - Draw conclusions
- Conventions - Verbs
- Spelling words - must, into, red, what
- Bonus word: Mary
- April word list
- Writing an informational text
Math - Identifying 2-dimensional objects in our environment
- Knows subtraction facts 0-5 fluently
Science - Earth Day
- How can we be good stewards of God's creation?
Social Science - Directional words - right, left, above, and below
Students of the Week - Rylee and Gabriel