Weekly Update: September 17-21
Please pass along my sincere gratitude to all of the Grandparents who came to visit on Friday! We had 100% participation in KC and it was so wonderful to share our school with your families!
We were able to begin PLT last Friday! PLT or "Power Learning Time" is when we are able to split the students into small groups in order to hone in on certain skills. We will have PLT time 3 times per week for 30 minutes each.
Fall pictures will be this Thursday, September 20th. Everyone will be photographed for the yearbook. Students do not need to wear their uniform for these pictures. If you would like to purchase prints, please send the money by Thursday.
The first quarter ends on October 12th. Below is a list of skills they will be assessed on.
Here is a look at the week ahead:
- God made the animals
- Sign of the Cross
- Reverence in Mass
- Recognizing Pp and its phonetic sound
- Unblending consonant sounds
- Blending sounds to make words, such as: log, hog, got, lot, hot, pot, and pop
- Story: Miss Bindergarten Takes a Field Trip with Kindergarten
- Genre: Animal Fantasy
- Sight Words: the, little
- Amazing Words: bakery, park, library, fire station, post office, chaperone
- Comprehension Skill: classify and categorize
- Grammar Skill: verbs
- Recognizing numbers 9 and 10
- Printing numbers 0-10 without a model
- Ordering numbers 0-10
- Matching numbers to objects 0-10
- Animal Classification/ Habitats
- Logging on and off
- Using the mouse
- Alphabet games
PE: Monday/ Wednesday
Music: Tuesday/ Thursday
Mass: Thursday/ Friday
PLT: Tuesday/ Thursday/Friday
Have a great week!