Weekly Update: January 14-18, 2019
I will be administering our mid-year DIBELS assessments on Wednesday, January 16th. There will be a substitute in our room so if you need to contact me, please call the school office.
Thursday, January 17th- Class pictures. If you would like to purchase our class photo, please return the envelope by Thursday morning. Students will wear their uniforms for this picture.
Please continue to practice addition facts at home. Students will need to be able to recite answers for addition facts up to 5 without using counters or fingers.
SAVE THE DATE:
NO SCHOOL- 1/21/19 -Martin Luther King Jr. Day/ Staff Retreat
SNACK SALE- 1/24/19
FAMILY READ NIGHT- 1/29/19
Here is a look at the week ahead:
- God the Father gives us Jesus
- Prayer- Glory Be
- Recognizing Ee and it's short sound
- Decodable Reader #7: Ben is Ten
- January Word List
- Story- Then and Now
- Essential Question: How are things we use today different from things used long ago?
- Grammar Skill: Sentences
- Comprehension Skill: Draw Conclusions
- Sight Words: of, they, you
- Amazing Words: gears, newspaper, webcam, phonograph, handwritten, headphones
- Adding numbers 0-5
- Writing numbers past 20
- Counting to 100 starting at any given number
- What country/ state do we live in?
- Kansas symbols
- Compare and contrast: rural vs. city life
- Logging On
- Addition Games
Mass: Thursday/ Friday
Have a great week!