The mission of the Over 55 Luncheons - sponsored by the Ladies of Mother Seton – is to respond to the specific needs of this particular group. We come together with a meal for the purpose of providing community, faith, love, and support. This group generally meets on the second Saturday of each month--September through May--for fellowship, lunch, and entertainment. In an effort to show our sincere appreciation for the many years of service this group has provided our parish, volunteers are needed for phone calling, setup, food preparation, food service, clean up, and entertainment.
"This hearty soup was inspired by a soup I tasted at an Italian wedding. It is sure to please just about everyone! Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top."
• 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 3 tablespoons minced onion
• 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
• 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
• 1 cup seashell pasta
• 3/4 cup diced carrots
1. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls and set aside.
2. In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Recipe By: Lalena
"This is a HUGE hit at all of my parties!!! With kids, as well as adults...and it is very easy to make!!! Serve this flavorful dip with tortilla chips. Roasted red peppers and two kinds of cheese create the perfect combination. Adjust the amounts of onion and garlic to taste."
• 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
• 3/4 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon minced onion
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small baking dish, mix the roasted red peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic and Dijon-style mustard.
3. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.
Recipe By: DOREENB
A simple sweet and tangy salad dressing perfect for summer.
●¼ c chopped strawberries
●¼ c lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
●¼ c olive oil
●1 T honey (or agave nectar for vegans)
●salt & pepper, to taste
●1 t poppy seeds
1.Combine all of the ingredients except poppy seeds in a mini-blender or Magic Bullet, and blend till pureed and emulsified.
2.Stir in poppy seeds.
Author: Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Recipe by Cupcakes & Kale Chips at http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/strawberry-lime-poppyseed
Click Here for a complete calendar