January 2018 Music Notes
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
SIXTH GRADE MUSIC (6C): We are working on music for our annual Catholic Schools Week Nursing Home Tour the morning of Wednesday, January 31. Field trip forms will come home early this month and we will be looking for drivers. Our concert will consist of a few folk songs and a few show-tunes. The kids are sounding great!
SEVENTH GRADE GENERAL MUSIC: Here are our units for the month:
- finish and present Christmas Carol Presentations
- "Music Talk" unit based on quotes from various musicians through the ages. Students will think about why music is important and what it means to them and society in general. Students will work in partners to design a poster of a music quote that resonates with them.
- Star Spangled Banner Unit. Students will learn about the history and importance of our National Anthem and memorize verse 1. Test at end of unit.
- Anatomy of a Song Unit. Students will analyze musical form and identify the various sections that make up a song.
- Home on the Range unit. Students will learn about the history and lyrics of the Kansas state song.