Weekly Update: November 13-17
There will be NO SCHOOL on November 20th-24th for Thanksgiving Break. I hope you all enjoy the extra time with your kiddos! They are a wonderful blessing!
On Thursday, I will be sending home progress reports for the skills assessed this quarter. Please continue to practice these skills and those on the list sent home in October. The quarter ends before Christmas break, and it will be here before we know it!
I sense that time will speed up a bit between now and Christmas so it is time we start planning for December. Please put our annual Santa's Workshop on your calendar for December 7th from 1-3 pm. This is a fun time for the children to make crafts and decorate a gingerbread house! We will be in need of parent volunteers, so be on the lookout for more information after Thanksgiving break. ALSO, if you are interested in assisting you MUST be Virtus trained. There is a class at SEAS on Tuesday, November 14th.
Here is a look at the week ahead:
- We thank God for our many blessings
- Grace Before Meals
- Recognizing Kk and it's phonetic sound
- Saxon Word List #7
- Decodable Reader #4: Frog Ran
- November Word List
- Story: A Bed for the Winter
- Genre: Informational Text
- Conventions: Adjectives for Opposites
- Comprehension Skill: Sequence
- Amazing Words: nest, stump, hive, meadow, tree trunk, den
- Sight Words: he, for
- Decomposing numbers 1-5
- Counting by 1's and 10's to 100
- Recognizing numbers 11-20
- Matching numbers to objects 0-20
- The First Thanksgiving
- Pilgrims and Native Americans
- Using the Paint tool
- Number Games
- Cutting on the line
- Coloring inside the lines
- Following 2-step directions
- Knowing your address (including city and state)
PE: Monday/ Wednesday
Music: Tuesday/ Thursday
PLT: Tuesday/ Thursday/ Friday
Have a great week!