Weekly Update: January 22-26
Believe it or not, we are very close to reaching the 100th day of school! We have many fun activities planned to help us celebrate this milestone. Please keep an eye out this week for materials and assignments surrounding the event!
On Tuesday, we will be administering the second round of DIBELS Assessments for all Kindergarten students.
Please continue to practice addition facts with your child. Students should be able to give sums up to 5 without using manipulatives or fingers.
Here is a look at the week ahead:
- Ordinary Time
- Prayer- Glory Be
- Trinity- 3 Persons in 1 God
- Recognizing Yy and it's phonetic sound
- January Word List
- Story- Then and Now
- Essential Question: How are things we use today different from things used long ago?
- Grammar Skill: Sentences
- Comprehension Skill: Draw Conclusions
- Sight Words: of, they, you
- Amazing Words: gears, newspaper, webcam, phonograph, handwritten, headphones
- Continuing Addition Practice
- Chapter 5 Assessment
- Adding numbers 0-5
- Counting to 100 starting at any given number
- Kansas symbols
- Kansas' Birthday
PE: Monday/ Wednesday
Mass: Thursday/ Friday
Have a great week!