“The future starts today, not tomorrow.”
Pope John Paul II
4A RELIGION 4A & B LANGUAGE ARTS
- Monday, January 15th--Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, 4th graders have been encouraged to honor MLK, Jr. by serving others in their domestic Church.
- 4A students will bring their religion books home for you to read through pages 195-206. The pages address the sixth commandment, You shall not commit adultery. Please look over the chapter so that you are aware of how this commandment is will be addressed in class.
- Wednesday, January 17th--I will be attend the March4Life in Washington, D.C. for the rest of the week. Mrs. Wilson will be my substitute.
- Thursday, January 18th--Class Picture, Please return your envelope and payment if ordering.
- Please sign and return the acknowledgement slip at the bottom of the gradecard after you have reviewed your child’s grades. Please place the slip in the envelope and return to school.
- Monday, January 22nd--Wichita Children’s Theater form and $4.00 payment is due for your child to attend the performance in Mother Seton Hall.
- 4th graders are expected to take a minimum of 4 AR tests, scoring 85% or higher, by the end of this quarter. Start early!
January Memorization Prayer: The Act of Hope This is due Tuesday, January 30th.
Mission: Bring peace to your domestic Church. Plan 2 things you can do to treat with siblings and/or parents with justice.
Lesson: Chapter 16, The Fifth Commandment--You shall not kill.
Vocabulary: human dignity
Thursday Homework: pages 192-4 (due 1/18)
TEST: Friday, January 19th
Story: “Medicine: Past and Present”, This expository text provides a timeline of some of the major scientific discoveries that have improved the treatment of illnesses.
Skills: main idea and supporting details, sequencing, and timelines
Vocabulary: plague, infected, microbes, antibodies, bacteria, vaccine
TEST: Friday, Jan. 19th
Skill: horrible, tower, plow, joint, poison, outside, destroy, birth, urgent, thirst, serve, library, narrate, nightmare, prepare, harvest, shower, pearl, bound, customer
SENTENCE: The class prepared to serve drinks to the thirsty.
Students may use SpellingCity.com to practice the spelling list. Lists will be updated weekly and named by test date and skill (reduced list is named by test date, skill, and 2) ex: 11-30 /ar/ & /ar/ (11-30 /ar/ &/ar/2)
https://www.spellingcity.com/teacher-search.html, enter “Elaine Howey” in the search box, click “SEARCH”, click on my name, the top two lists are the current list. If your child takes the reduced list, click on the list that ends with “2”.
TEST: Thursday, January 18th
Skills: Possessive Pronouns, Possessive Adjectives, Pronouns and Antecedents, Pronoun Contractions